Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cameron High Land

Kicau Nusantara During the Chinese New Year holidays, I took a gamble to went up to Cameron Highlands for birding. It has been 3 or four days after CNY already, so I tought the hotels might be a bit clear and might get a room cheaply.. I didnt make any reservations then.. hehe..

By the time I went to the first cheap accomodation of my choice, the place already fully booked. So I went to downtown Tanah Rata where there are quite a selection of hotels available, got a rm70 per night room and without wasting my time went to search for the trails..

Fortunately I got my Sgps enabled phone and with malsingmaps, got there in no time..

I picked trail 3 for the afternoon.. Quite an experience as I entered the mossy forest alone, the earth is like sponge, almost under every tree there is a hole ,like any creature might pounce at me.. hehe...

The moss is everywhere... at the branches, at the trunk, on the ground, on the rocks... There are birds there alright, but the darkening sky and shadow of the trees doesnt help in getting a descent photo. And spoting them is quite hard on my first day.. The whining sound that keep following me doesnt help either..;)

The next day, I was the first one to went out of the hotel, have to wake up the keeper to open the door. Have 2 half boiled eggs and teh-tarik for breakfast and go off to the parit falls..

How this Fraser Hill bird got here?
Silver-eared Mesia,Rimba Telinga Putih,(Leithrix argentauris)


















Then took the trail to the forestry dept, A rather distict "tiiieeeennnngg" sound coming from the river. I just dismiss it for now for I just cant find what makes that sound..
At last got this bird that are mocking me at fraser... laughing then hide from me...
Chestnut-capped Laughingthrush, Rimba Mata Putih,(Garrulax mitratus)
Other Post in Kicau Bird Nusantara :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright (c) 2010 Info dan Tips Perawatan Burung. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And TM Web Design.